Monday 25 April 2011

My First BBQ!

My first BBQ!


Lemon Roasted New Potatoes
On Easter Sunday I made my first ever BBQ! I have always been in charge of the food that goes on to a BBQ but never had to man the fire too. As I was with my mum and 92 year old grandma this weekend, I pulled the short straw and somehow ended up with all the responsibilities as they read their books in the gleaming sunshine. My mum was a great sous chef for a bit but she soon got bored and retreated back to the garden. My BBQ was an absolute disaster to begin with but after three hours, three attempts and three phone conversations to friend, boyfriend and brother I finally managed to keep the coal burning long enough to cook the food on top. I think I know where I went wrong and pretty sure the next BBQ i do will be a great success.  We had chicken marinated in lemon, rosemary, paprika and honey. Minted lamb kebabs, chipolatas, minted halloumi kebabs, cauliflower and lemon roasted new potatoes.
The lemon roasted new potatoes were delicious so I will share this recipe with you.

Lemon Roasted New Potatoes

2 handfuls new potatoes, halved
1/2 juice of lemon
1/2 lemon,cut into wedges
Handful parsley, finely chopped
Sprig rosemary
1 bay leaf
4tbsp vegetable stock
Olive oil
Sea salt and black pepper

Heat the oven to 200ยบ/Gas mark 6.
Add all the ingredients together in an oven-proof dish, drizzle with olive oil and season with sea salt and black pepper. Cook in the oven for about 50 minutes, turning occasionally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment