Wednesday 20 April 2011

Boules, Moules Frites and Mille-feuille

Boules
Moules Frites
Mille-feuille

To complete my 'holiday' in France I played a game of Boules in the park this weekend. Not long after losing at boules to commiserate I decided to give up sport for the day and head to my local pub, the Junction Tavern in Kentish Town and continue my French vacation there. My friend Helen had recommended the moules-frites (Mussels cooked in a tomato sauce with chips). I haven't eaten Mussels for years as I remember have a slight phobia of a crunchy bit in the past but these were delicious! They are now set the play a vital role in my summer menu's. They were also a very fitting continuation of my afternoon of boules. 
Not wanting the Sunday day to end we headed down the road to the pub The Oxford where I treated myself to the mouth-watering wafer-thin pastry and sweet and sour blackcurrant filling of their pudding of the day - Mille-feuille.

No comments:

Post a Comment