Wednesday 11 May 2011

The Ginger Pig Meat Book by Tim Wilson and Fran Warde (Mitchell Beazley, £25)





Last night I was lucky enough to go to the launch of The Ginger Pig Meat Book at the Daunt Books store on Marylebone High Street. Tim Wilson, farmer and owner of the award winning butcher the Ginger Pig, believes that the best meat comes from the best animals raised in the happiest of circumstances. He has now teamed up with food writer Fran Warde and together they have created a fantastic book not only full of recipes for pork, lamb, beef, poultry and game, all arranged by season but also expert information on where to buy and how to prepare meat.

The venue was packed as I walked in and delighted to eat lots and lots of delicious meat.

Obviously the Vegetarian did not attend this particular event, referring to my evening's entertainment as a barbaric festival of death.

I said feast your eyes on this...

Pork scratchings made an appearance too mmm

Tasty, salty beef skewers
Lamb meat balls with mint yoghurt
The best sausage rolls I have ever had
Slow roasted pork
The moment I was waiting for

Speech!

No comments:

Post a Comment