Sunday 27 February 2011

Green Beans with Parsley and Garlic

Leek fritters, halloumi and green beans

Green beans with parsley and garlic



So the detox didn't last very long, I met friends for dinner and accidentally ordered wheat, meat and dairy in one dish! I've decided to try again next week as I couldn't resist having a few glasses of wine too. Today I made leek fritters from Yotam Ottolenghi's cookbook Plenty. I followed the recipe exact apart from adding spinach to the Vegetarian's mix and bacon to my portion. Ottolenghi suggested mixing the batter in with the vegetables which saved the fiddly mess that usually occurs when you try to dip the mix into the batter. I served the fritters with corriander and parsley yoghurt dip, grilled halloumi cheese and this simple but very tasty green bean dish.

2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Handful parsley, finely chopped
Handful green beans
Small knob of butter
Sea salt and black pepper

Par-boil the green beans for about 5 minutes, drain.
In a frying pan melt the butter, add the rest of the ingredients and fry together for a few minutes. Season with sea salt and black  pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment